Full photo album here.

These sculptures were commissioned by Mo Wax and there are
only 1000 world wide. They were sculpted by Ben Drury and
each one was individually customized by Mark Gonzales in 2000.

December 2, 2008

Plain Priest


Ok... This Priest just popped up on ebay. It's got to be one of the simplest looking ones I've ever seen. One of mine (the one on the right) is pretty boring looking but this one on ebay is about as plain as it gets. I don't know why some Priest are really elaborate and others are just really bare. My best guess is by the time he got around to the last ones, he's so tired of doing them, he just finished them off super fast, not signing them, not dating them, no colours etc. If Mark ever comes to Vancouver, I'm going to bring my plain Priest with me and have him sign it.

3 comments:

Robert said...

What do you think of the "bubble" priest series?

Keith said...

I'm not really a fan of the new ones as much. They look cheap to me. Made of plastic, you can see the mold lines on the sides of the figure. The art on them, of course, is great. There's probably more interesting coloured ones in the new line than the first ones.

The original ones are just straight up amazing to me. If there was a prowler robbing your house, you could take him out with a Mo Wax Priest. With a bubble Priest, it would probably break on the thief's head!

stuart matz said...

that priest is back up again

I bought the other preist that was on ebay and it came today !!!!

very happy